It can be easy to get discouraged by life, there seems to be a never ending to do list of obligations, responsibilities, and situations you can’t get out of.
The stress of day to day life can feel like a ton of bricks being pressed against our chests, but stress doesn’t have to be a hurdle to cross, it can be a motivator.
Stress isn’t all negative, it can trigger an adrenaline response and make us more active, more alert and ready to take on whatever is thrown our way.
If you find that you can’t get your mind off of your concerns, then there are some helpful methods to distract you, some of which are very simple:
- Be grateful for what you have
- Stay grounded in the present moment
- Read a favorite book
- Stay off your phone for at least a full hour everyday
- Pay more attention to your surroundings
- Relax at home one weekend instead of making too many plans
- Place value in time for yourself
- Make your home a sanctuary for relaxation
- Begin a journal for your daily thoughts
- Stay active
- Indulge in something you want every once in awhile
- Reinvest in an old hobby
- Meet up with a friend
- Prioritize your time
- Try to not take everything so seriously
For the full article on Life Hack click HERE