September 4th through the 11th is National Suicide Awareness Week, as we observe this week, we look at the staggering statistics of suicide in the US.
- Suicide is the leading cause of death for adolescents.
- Male adolescents are more likely to commit suicide.
- Guns are the top method of suicide followed by suffocation.
What can be done to help prevent suicide?
- Family and friend support.
- Raised self-esteem.
- No access to firearms or other lethal weapons.
- Therapy and counseling.
For more information from the American Association Of Suicidology click HERE.